Pages

Search This Blog

28 October 2014

Build a cheap coffee table

Gooday,

I have owned an entertainment unit which was given to me by my brother several years ago.
He made it in woodworking class in high school. I have used it to store our old TV, after that it was a bookshelf.

Instead of giving it away, I thought the unit would make a good coffee table. All the material was there - solid pine panels and the screws. I decided to disassemble the piece of furniture and start cutting out the pieces.

The "before picture" of the entertainment unit.











 
I laid out the curves on the legs with my spare router base and cut them out on my Delta 16" band saw. The edges were sanded using a sanding drum chucked up in my drill press.
Pieces are shaped and ready for fitting.
 




Table top cut shorter and glued up.
The top and bottom of the entertainment unit now serve as the coffee table top. Next step is to take my Stanley 112 scraper plane and scrape the surfaces smooth.  Stay tuned for more pictures !


No comments:

Post a Comment