Pages

Search This Blog

03 May 2014

Drive belt for Delta 3 wheel band saw

Gooday,

Today, on a snowy day in May, I installed my drive belt on my 16" Delta band saw. This model band saw seems to be the oddball in the world of vintage band saws, apparently not many three wheel band saws were manufactured. The guts of this power tool show a heavy duty cast iron frame which holds everything together in a very robust manner.

 So far I have been able to find replacement parts for the tires that go over the two wheels(Carter's Products) and the drive belt P\N 419961330005 (ereplacementparts.com).
A stabilizer band saw guide for 1\4" wide blades are available through Carter's.

The old belt was cracked and loose. The new belt needed to be stretched and soaked in boiling water before it would fit over the drive wheel and the blade wheel. I also loosened the motor mounting bolts to make it easier to stretch the belt over the wheels.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment